Thursday, October 09, 2008

Counters Templated

So the countertops were templated on Wen. It takes 2 weeks minimum for them to fabricate. We are getting a product called Ceaserstone which is a quarts resin composite, it's comparable to granite in durability, heat resistance and price but it is a bit more contemporary as it doesn't have all that crazy color variation or veining in it. The color we went with is ment to look like concrete. I'd love to have done concrete but it's actually a lot more expensive and a nightmare to take care of. There were a lot of materials that id have loved to have had actually but this was the best we could afford. Again, this process is paining me because of all the things that I put into my clients homes that i can't afford to put into my own home...i know cry me a river right!

So tomorrow they start painting! The floors were hopefully done today... they were a pain in the butt and took a lot longer then anyone expected but they are beautiful. They will still need four coats of poly before we can call it completely done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home