Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thursday, December 15th.

Well the majority of the shopping is done. I still need one more sari, some jewelry and we (my mom and ) I need to buy a few sets of clothes for Praveen. The tradition is that during the wedding ceremony the groom’s side gives the bride two sets of clothes and the brides side gives the groom two sets of clothes. I will ware one of the Sari’s that Praveen’s parents give me home from the wedding. That will be my only change of clothes- not too bad!

Okay so the shopping was crazy. We came in and everyone in the store stopped to watch the white girl put on a sari. The owner of the store came over to introduce us to some famous film director, as if we would know who he was, and himself. It was quite flattering. The attention was overwhelming but I tried to take it all in stride and have fun with it. Here is a pix of my two moma and amma. My mother is wearing her new outfit purchased for the reception.




When we were leaving they put all of our newly purchased garments into a suitcase. I felt as if I was part of a very special drug deal. See below (right) Amma with our special suitcase.






We shopped for a North Indian dress for Praveen it is called a Kuta ( I will have to get proper spelling later). It makes him look like a prince.






I managed to get some fun shots in the streets as well. I had my first fresh grape juice today. I decided that at this point my body can probably take some processed water. Let’s hope we’re right. It would really suck to get really sick before the wedding.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger ~S~ said...

I just can't wait to get there!
And while I'm stuck here, do post as many pictures as you can :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home